Friday, August 2, 2013

Planes, Trains and ..... Baseball.

 Checkin' out the Disney channel - before eating breakfast.

 Just making sure the beach is all washed off.
(it wasn't)

 Scrambled eggs, Chocolate milk, Pears and a Goof Ball.
The breakfast of champions.
 Settling in. 
(no one to have to share with)

 He has become a master train operator so the train room is open whenever he wants to go in.
He lets me know he's going out but he doesn't need to ask permission.

 And he thought feeding the cat was his only chore.

 Ready to hit the train store.

 He was the most excited to ride in the truck.

 Portland's premier train shop.

 I told him before we left that we would buy something for the layout.  He found this display case right after we got there and pointed out several engines he really liked.  Most of them were brass models with a very hefty price tag.  I quickly pointed him in a different direction.  I will say he does have good taste in trains.

 I'm so excited I can't hold it!  
(Oh, I guess I am holding it.)

 I finally decided.

 We got home and went straight to the tracks.
(Even before lunch.)

This face was worth every penny.

 We got it into the train as quick as we could.

 Gaven got to give the cat the tuna cans.
You can never get it all out.
Papa is a pickle lover but we had to stop at the store to get "Gaven's" favorite pickles for lunch.

Tuna sandwich, Doritos and pickles - smiles all over.

Tonight's outing was a Junior League Regional Tournament game. (baseball)
A Vancouver team was up against a team from Northern California.
The game was played at Clark College.  As we drove by the Clark College sign Gav piped up.
"Not college Papa, Single A"  We had talked about going to a Single A game when he got here.

 Seats right behind home plate.

Being in the front row with a gravel walkway allowed us to just spit out the empty sunflower seeds.  7 innings allowed him to get thru a big bag.

 A baseball game is not a baseball game without, in Gaven's words, a "Big Juicy Hot Dog"

 Still workin' those seeds.

 The 2013 version of the sno-cone.  (Yes, it is that big)
Bubble Gum, Watermelon and Orange.
We shared but he could have eaten the whole thing by himself.

 Not one drop went to waste.

  That was way too much fun.
Vancouver won 5-4. 

It wasn't bedtime yet.

A little flight time before hitting the sack.

 He landed all by himself.
"That was pretty darn cool!!!"
Yes it was Gaven, yes it was.

 While getting Gaven ready for bed tonight I found these in this pants.  
It was pointless to try and get them all.
We'll just have to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment